Thursday, March 4, 2021

most recent scans

 

The day of my February appointment with Dr, Esplin, I started having some discomfort in my right leg. It was so minor at the time that I didn't say anything to him. The last 4 weeks have been pretty painful as something is pinching my sciatic nerve.  So I feel pain in my rear, the back of my thigh, the back of my calf and then my toes are kind of numb and tingling. Sometimes it has kept me awake at night and I finally gave in and started taking the stronger pain killers, as Tylenol or Ibuprofen (which I'm not really supposed to take) help.  I was sure something was growing.  I had my 3 month scans of Feb. 22.  Both CT and bone scans showed everything is stable to decreased. No new lesions and none growing and a couple are even gone. Happy about that!

I talked with him about my pain and he looked and sure enough, there is a tumor right near there, but from what he can see on the scan, it's not in the way of the canal where my nerves are going through. So, we're hoping it's inflammation. So I'm on day 4 of 6 days of a steroid. So far, it isn't helping.   I really do not want to get radiation.  But, that is probably what is next if I continue in pain.

This morning, I got my first covid-19 shot. So far, so good.


Also, my tumor markers are down again. NOt by a lot, but still going in the right direction.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're in pain! But I am so glad your markers are down/stable. That's really good news... and hooray for the vaccine! I love you, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! Childhood Cancer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now! I'm finally free from the damn shit! Cancer. I can't just believe I'm totally cured at last! If you have never try natural herbs products this is what you, im recommended you to drubarlo here. and don't be deceive by people who choose to say the truth, that cancer don't have a cure meet him here Email drubarlohome@gmail.com OR add on whatsapp +2348119508814

    ReplyDelete

September

To  sum up the month, I'd pretty much just say pain. So, we're still dealing with my pain in my sciatic nerve.  As I have mentioned...